Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Another Week Gone

This week has been weird, and confusing. I am no longer reading Rainbow Six, I am now reading The Hunger Games. A couple of days ago we had a writing prompt about the most terrifying fictional creature and I immediately thought of the mutts from The Hunger Games. My class then got talking about the book and it sparked me to get one of my friends to read it, and I realized that I also wanted to read it; well re-read. So I am now going to be reading The Hunger Games and talking about it on my blog.


"Winning means fame and fortune. 

Losing means certain death. 

The Hunger Games have begun....

     In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV.
     Sixteen-year old Katniss Everdeen regards it as a death sentence when she steps forward to take her sister's place in the Games. But Katniss has been close to dead before-and survival, for her, is second nature. Without really meaning to, she becomes a contender. But is she is to win, she will have to start making choices that weigh survival against humanity and life against love."(Collins, Back Cover)


Part I 
"The Tributes"

Okay lets begin our journey!!!!!!

1 comment: